Boulevard Shopping Mall
First outclass shopping mall in Hyderabad
Near Fateh Chowk – Auto Bhan Road
Bike mechanis, Aashique and Zafar, offer free rides to people in Hyderabad who cannot afford rickshaw fares
They have done this almost everyday for the past 10 years, at the cost of Rs.250 per day
London: Altaf Hussain – The leader of Mutahidda Qaumi Movement (MQM) and a UK-based Pakistani has been arrested in UK police in london on charges of money laundering. This news has been broadcasted on all local and foreign news channels on tuesday.
After this news all markets have been closed in major cities of Pakistan, including #Karachi, #Hyderabad, #Sukkar, #Mirpurkhas and interior cities of #Sindh province
Sindh Festival 2014 event, being held from 1st February to 15th February, is being organized on a budget of Rs.45 Crore, of which Rs.15 Crore is funded by the sindh government.
You can see the promotional hoardings at various locations in different cities of Sindh including Hyderabad.
This Sindh Festival project initiated by the Pakistan Peoples Party’s chairperson Mr.Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, and he aims to promoto the long-lost culture of harmony and peace of the province.
For the next 2 weeks of the festival, fireworks will light up the skies of Hyderabad, Sukkur, Thatta, Larkana and Karachi at 10pm sharp.
The 15 days Sindh Festival starts on 1st February with various events running side by side in different cities – Hyderabad, Sukkur, Larkana, Karachi and Thatta.
In my blogs I have been strongly advocating for LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT for Hyderabad Sindh and many critics have criticized me due to their narrow mindedness and lack of understanding future needs, vision and global trends.
I highly respect my critics and every one has a right to have an opinion but to move forward and modernize we have to think outside the box otherwise cities like Dubai and Abudhabi will still be un-known tiny fishing villages in the desert in the middle of nowhere !! But their think outside the box attitude transformed them great metropolis on the world map as we know it today. WE need the same attitude for our beloved city Hyderabad Sindh, 2nd largest city of Sindh and Cultural capital of Sindh,Pakistan. Untill we achieve Light Rail Transit for our city let us implement BRT for our city.
BRT system should Distinctive,Frequent,State of the Art, and On time Limited Bus Stop Service similar to Light Rail Transit. BRT system should be installed in advance of Future LRT lines. BRT will operate on regular roads of Hyderabad Sindh (City+Qasimabasd+Latifabad) with TRANSIT PRIORITY at Traffic Signals and other enhanced features such as Modern and Improved Bus waiting stops and at some major connecting points LARGER SHELTERS called as STATIONS. BRT will run on all major streets and wider roads and highways BRT will run on DEDICATED BUS LANES called as RAPID WAYS where it is possible. Modern sate of the art Buses should be centrally air-conditioned in summer and fully heated in winter with automated stop announcements and display in Urdu and Sindhi languages. Buses will ONLY stop at designated stops with STOP REQUEST PUSH BUTTONS. No more Yelling, cursing. BRT STAFF will be Educated and Uniformed people. In this regard Jobless youth ppl can be trained and recruited. Best Customer Service and Service Excellence should be the priority of the BRT staff.
BRT FARE STRUCTURE: EXACT FARE must be implemented strictly with no change. Fare must be collected at the entrance of the bus into a automated machine. Day Pass, Weekly Pass, and Monthly Pass should also be sold for public. BRT TRANSFERS will be provided after payment of fare for easy transfer to other BRT Lines VALID ONLY at Connecting Stations.
SPECIAL BRT AIRPORT EXPRESS AND RAILWAY STATION EXPRESS Routes connecting with City+Qasimabad+Latifabad should also operate.
In Phase One 3 lines for City, 2 lines for Qasimabad and 2 lines for Latifabad should be launched. In phase two additional lines can be launched.
Following are the BRT LINES STRUCTURE in my opinion. Transport & TRAFFIC Experts in Hyderabad Government can modify ; These are just my innovative ideas and suggestions to get started.
CITY : PINK LINE: Hala Naka-Isra University-Saima Plaza-New Bus Terminal-Hotel City Gate-Hirabad-Market Chowk-Civil Hospital-American Centre-Tilak Charri-St.Bounaventure-Chotki Ghitti/Lajpat Road-Habib Bank-Kohinoor Chock/Resham Galli-Tulsidaas Road-Tope Chowrangi-Railway Station.
CITY: PURPLE LINE: Kalhora Colony-Eye Hospital-Zubaida College-Hotel City Gate-Hirabad-Market Chowk-Civil Hospital-American Centre-Chotki Ghitti/Lajpat Road-Hyder Chowck-Sindh University Old Campus-Press Club/GPO/Radio Pakistan-Gol Building-Saddar-Al-Raheem Plaza-Hotel City Gate-Zubiada College-Eye Hospital-Kalhora Colony.
CITY: YELLOW LINE: Hotel City Gate-Pathan Colony-Qasim Chowck-Military Hospital-Doctors Market-Saddar Jamia Masjid/Bohry Bazaar-Hotel Faran-Bombay Bakery-Gul Centre-Court-Press Club-New Majestic Cinema/Eid Gah Canntt-Pathan Colony-Hotel City Gate.
QASIMABAD: GREEN LINE: Qasimabad Hospital-Neeron Kot-Nasim Nagar-Ali Palace-Pakora Stop-Eid Gah/Sui Gas-Sindh Museum-Wahdat Colony-Thandi Sarak-Niaz Stadium/KFC-Ranni Bagh-Shahbaz Building/PIA Office-Gul Centre-Court-Hyder Chock-Gol Building-Press Club/GPO-Chandni Centre-Bombay Bakery-Gul Centre and BACK TO QASIMABAD.
QASIMABAD: ORANGE LINE: Shahrash Nagar-City School-Ali Palace-Nasim Nagar-HDA Complex-Chandia Goth-Marvi Town-Hyd Bypass-Bhitai Nagar-Rajputana Hospital-Citizen Colony-City Park/Qasim Chocwk-City Gate-Hirabad-Market Chowk-Civil Hospital.
LATIFABAD: RED LINE: Unit 12-Unit 10-Unit 8-Pone Saat-Hilltop-Gul Centre-OLd Campus-Hyder Chowck-Gol Building-Al-Raheem Plaza-Civil Hospital.
LATIFABAD: BROWN LINE: Unit 11-Bhitai Hospital-Unit 5-Unit 7-Auto Bhan Road-Giddu Chowck-Hussainabad-Thandi Sarak-Raani Bagh-Shahbaz Building- Gul Centre-Old Campus-Hyder Chowk.
Thanks for taking your time,
First of all i am very grateful to Honorable Minister Mr. Syed Naveed Qamar for his kind and personal efforts in Re-Opening of Hyderabad Sindh Airport and i am also grateful to Hyderabad District Government for their non-stop hard work to Re-Open our Airport. It gives a great relief that FINALLY Hyderabad Sindh Airport is open and 2nd largest city of Sindh Province and Cultural Capital of Sindh is again Re-Connected with the globe by air and our city is back on world map.
I have very important suggestions to improve flight services and make Hyderabad Sindh Airport a profitable and successful airport.
1. Please Upgrade and name this airport as “SHAH ABDUL LATIF BHITAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT”.
2. Please provide permanent Re-Fuelling installations and services at the airport so that Direct Flights can be resumed from Hyderabad Sindh. CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) has mentioned that they are ready to provide the services immediately if the Honorable Minister Syed Naveed Qamar issues the orders. So this important and life saving requirement for our airport is just a phone call away. I urge Mr. Syed Naveed Qamar to take personal interest and please issue the directive. Lord Mayor of Hyderabad District Government can please Follow-Up on this important issue.
3. Hyderabad District Government, Hyderabad Chamber of Commerce jointly with help of industrialists and agriculturalists of Hyderabad Sindh can invest and operate Hyderabad Sindh International Airport the way Sialkot International Airport is functioning. In this regard a delegation must be formed and sent to Sialkot to learn from their successful experience.
4. To make our Airport a success DIRECT FLIGHTS must be launched immediately. Without DIRECT access to Karachi the purpose of having an Airport in Hyderabad Sindh will not be successful. To make our airport a success Immediate DIRECT flights to Karachi must be resumed ASAP on Daily basis. There is a huge volume of Traffic From Hyderabad to Jinnah International Airport Karachi to connect. Thousands of People from all over Sindh and Hyderabad Sindh daily commute to Jinnah International Airport. Connecting Hyderabad Airport with Karachi DIRECTLY would solve this problem and Hyderabad Airport would become one of the busiest airports of Pakistan.
5. I highly recommend that initially 2 Direct flights Daily between Hyderabad and Karachi must resume. One flight should depart for Karachi from Hyderabad in Morning and 2nd flight should depart for Karachi in the early evening from Hyderabad so that People of Hyderabad Sindh can connect with International flights easily and smoothly. Later on a Commuter Shuttle service of 6 to 8 flights between Hyderabad and Karachi should resume in phase One. While in phase 2 10-15 flights daily between Hyderabad and Karachi should be commenced. Location and Air Distance of Hyderabad Sindh and Karachi is in the same bracket like: Toronto-New York, Toronto-Chicago, Toronto-Ottawa, Toronto-Montreal, New York-Chicago, Kualalumpur-Singapore, Dubai-Abu Dhabi, Sydney-Melbourne etc. All these cities i have mentioned have fast commuter shuttle flight services and generate great amount of revenues. Hyderabad Sindh and Karachi sector must be looked through the same prism and vision.
6. DIRECT flights for Dubai and Abu Dhabi must be launched from Hyderabad Sindh airport immediately for fast and convenient connections for International Travel at initial level.
7. PIA should resume International flights for Hyderabad Sindh for following destinations as soon as Possible:
b. Abu Dhabi
e. New York
For Example a flight will be Karachi-Hyderabad-Toronto, and Toronto-Hyderabad-Karachi. It is nothing new the way PIA connects Lahore, Islamabad, Faisalabad and Sialkot the same way we are asking Hyderabad Sindh should be connected.
8. Hyderabad District Government and Hyderabad Chamber of Commerce should initiate a dialogue with private airlines both domestic and international like Air Blue, Shaheen, ETIHAD Airways, EMIRATES, GULF AIR, SRILANKAN Airlines Etc…..to start flights from our city and sell them how important and profitable it is for them. WE have to Market aggressively our City and our Airport.
9. Hyderabad Government and Hyderabad Chamber of Commerce have to continue their pressure building for rapid modernization and expansion of Hyderabad Sindh Airport so that Big Jumbo Jets, Boeing and Air Bus planes can land and take off from our city. We need to build hangers and modern runways and aprons for International Aircrafts movements. A push for a new and most modern terminal building must be moved forward at the same time.
10.Cargo Flights must resume from our Airport ASAP to facilitate the fast functioning of industrial and agricultural sector which is a back bone for our city’s rapid development. FEDEX and DHL can also be included as they also do a great business in Hyderabad Sindh.
HYDERABAD CITY TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PLAN NEEDS REVIVAL ON URGENT BASIS:
Why it is so difficult to plan and implement Traffic Management in Hyderabad Sindh while city of Lahore has successfully adopted and implemented various plans. If they can do it we can also do it. There is no Rocket Science involved in it.
Following are my suggestions:
1. Please hire un-employed young graduates both men and women as Traffic Control Officers. Give them modern traffic control cars and motor bikes like Lahore and other cities. Then you will see the amazing results.
2. Please Please install “TRAFIC LIGHTS” in all intersections Major or small in all areas of City, Qasimabad and Latifabad. Make sure that these Traffic lights are functional and has to work all the times.And appoint these young Traffic control Officers to strictly implement Traffic Signal rules.
3. Please mark all the highways and streets of Hyderabad Sindh including City, Qasimabad, and Latifabad with international standard marks, lines, concrete dividers, arrows, and Sign Boards with directions written in English, Sindhi and Urdu languages.
4. Please hold constantly Public Awareness meetings about Traffic Management by involving people.
5. Those who break traffic rules must be strictly punished regardless of their political, influential or rich high scale background. Rules are rules and should be equally implemented for both rich and poor. Without proper traffic sense we would not be able to resolve this issue.
Latifabad is named after the famous Sindhi Sufi poet, Shah Abdul Latif Bhitai. It was formed as an extension to the city of Hyderabad to occupy migrants from across the border after the 1947 partition of the Sub-Continent, along with the town of Qasimabad.
Latifabad was further divided into sectors, sub-classifying its numbered units. Latifabad has a large concentration of Urdu speaking people, known as the Mahajirs. Latifabad is divided into 12 units, instead of blocks, each numbered. Each unit has its own hospital and number of schools along with residential complexes. At the time of its creation, the town of Latifabad was hailed as being the first ever planned town in Pakistan since its independence.
The town is spread across the southern span of the Hyderabad city and hence referred to as the city’s south end. Being a relatively modern town, Latifabad lacks historical landmarks but holds remenants of the blackened history of the ethnic riots in forms of distorted architecture almost everywhere.
The largest mental hospital for the mentally ill in Pakistan (also the largest in Asia) named after Sir Cowasji Jehangir Readymoney (1812-1878), civil engineer and master constructor of Bomboy, the Sir Cowasji Jehangir Institute of Psychiatry holds ground in Latifabad unit 3, commonly known to the locals as Giddu Bandar.
Other hospitals in Latifabad include St. Elizabeth Hospital, Majee Hospital, Bhittai Hospital and Red Crescent (Hilal-e-Ahmar) Hospital.
The Board of Intermediate Secondary Education, Hyderabad, the body of the Government administering the eductional standards in the city has their headquarters housed in unit 9 in Latifabad.
Unit 8 has a bazaar-cum-shopping center that sells clothes, shoes and bangles, product native to the city. Visitors and shoppers alike visit unit 8 before Eid to buy clothes and gifts. The bazaar is a convenient and economical place to shop.
Latifabad units has also its own Administration which works under Hyderabad District Administration. The population of Taluqa Latifabad is around 7 lecs.